Michael is a dual qualified solicitor and practises in Ireland and the UK.
He is a litigator with a particular emphasis in banking matters. In addition to this, Michael has experience in a broad range of dispute resolution, with particular interest in matters involving commercial contracts, construction, personal and corporate insolvency as well as property litigation.
Michael is regarded as an expert in respect of actions against banks and financial institutions for mis-selling. He regularly appears in the media to comment on this issue.
Michael’s recent work;
- Led two of the UK’s most significant case in relation to mis-selling of payment protection insurance to a successful conclusion in the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.
- Advising a former Irish National in respect of bankruptcy in the UK.
- Defending a high value property litigation claim concerning the home of a well-known Premiership footballer.
Outside of the office, Michael enjoys football, golf and horse racing.
- Harrison v Blackhorse Limited UKSC2011/0236
- Conlon v Blackhorse Limited UKSC/2014/0038
- AIB v Darcy & Ors SC 225/12 (Irish Supreme Court)
Michael’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org